D1Softball’s Super Regional CentralTop Stories
The field for the Women’s College World Series is taking shape as super regionals continue.
Oregon State and UCLA joined Arizona for the Pac-12 party in Oklahoma City. Late into the night, Arizona State forced a Sunday matchup against Northwestern trying to join its conference mates. Read more on the Sun Devils’ Game 2 win.
In Blacksburg, Virginia Tech and Florida both came away with victories on Saturday. But by winning Game 2 after earlier completing Friday’s suspended opener, the Gators forced the series to a winner-take-all finale. Read more on a Game 2 victory for the Gators.
In Fayetteville, Texas stunned No. 4 Arkansas in Game 3. Without Hailey Dolcini, the Longhorns saw freshman Sophia Simpson throw her first career shutout and Janae Jefferson do Janae Jefferson things. Read more on the Longhorns going to the WCWS.
As always, D1Softball will be here throughout the holiday weekend. Miss a game while out on the water or flipping burgers on the grill? Bookmark Super Regional Central, and you’re covered.
Super Regional Coverage
- Norman (No. 1 Oklahoma to WCWS)
- Starkville (Arizona to WCWS)
- Blacksburg (No. 14 Florida to WCWS)
- Fayetteville (Texas to WCWS)
- Los Angeles (No. 5 UCLA to WCWS)
- Stanford (Oregon State to WCWS)
- Stillwater (No. 7 Oklahoma State to WCWS)
- Tempe (No. 9 Northwestern to WCWS)